If you would like TIN to investigate your family member’s case please have your family member fill out all the information on this questionnaire and send it in to:
Texas Innocence Network
University of Houston Law Center
100 Law Center
Houston, Texas 77204-6060
We can only take cases sent to us directly from the inmate themselves. So please do not submit a request on behalf of family member.
If you would like to help:
- Gather trial records including:
- Trial Transcript
- Evidentiary Hearing Transcript
- Clerk’s Records
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Locate and establish the existence of any evidence in police custody
- If possible place a “do not destroy” order on the evidence
- Get a copy of all appeals records including:
- Appellate Brief – Appellant (defense)
- Appellate Brief – Respondent (prosecution)
- Post-Conviction Brief – Appellant (defense)
- Post-Conviction Brief – Respondent (prosecution)
- Locate as many witnesses as possible and keep a current address and phone number.
Please do not send us anything you have collected until we ask for it specifically.